If you want to combine the capabilities of Photos for macOS and Radiant Photo, it’s simple. This workflow works well using the Radiant Photo Lightroom plugin (Radiant LR). It also requires the use of a helper extension.
We recommend the Open In – External editor support for Photos.app. It can be downloaded here.
- Select the desired image in the library window.
- Double-click to open the image into the single image viewer.
- In the upper-right corner, click the Edit button.
- Click the Extensions button and choose Open In…
- Click the Application list. If you don’t see Radiant LR, then select Other… at the bottom of the list. Navigate and select the Radiant LR plugin from your Applications folder.
- Click the Open In button to hand the current file off to Radiant Photo.
- Make any edits in Radiant Photo that you want to apply.
- When finished click the Save button in the upper-right corner. Since you’re using the plugin version of Radiant Photo (Radiant LR) to doesn’t ask you for any options when saving.
- Return to Photos for macOS and review the results shown. You can toggle the visibility of the Preview checkbox to compare the before and after states.
- Click Save Changes to return the edited file to Photos for macOS.
- In the Edit view, click the Done button to add it to your library. It is now shown as the display version.