In most cases, if your computer can open a file with its default image viewer or provide a preview at the OS level, Radiant Photo can open it. Here are a few things to help.
Make sure your computer is up to date
- macOS | Be sure to open your System Preferences and launch Software Update from time to time.
- Windows | Here’s an article on how to check for updates to Windows – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-windows. Please note there are different instructions for Windows 10 and 11.
Keep your format support up to date
- macOS | If you can right-click on the file and open the image into the Preview app on your computer, Radiant Photos should be able to as well. We rely on macOS as a method for opening files. You can check this detailed list here – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213267
- Windows | If you’re on Windows 10 or 11– be sure to install these free Microsoft add-ons.
- Raw Image Extension https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/raw-image-extension/9NCTDW2W1BH8
- HEIF Image Extensions https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9PMMSR1CGPWG
- HEVC Video Extensions https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NMZLZ57R3T7
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.