- Color correction | Fixing color issues like saturation, tint vibrancy, and Fidelity to create a natural image.
- Color grading | Manipulating color to create an emotional mood or simulate a traditional film stock.
The Color Grading section is a way to add a creative style to an image as a finishing step. You’ll find a wide range of different looks to achieve specific creative effects, including those designed for simulating film stocks, black and white photography, and creative color grading.
What are LOOKs
The Color Grading section is powered by your LOOKs collection. Each LOOK contains a special Lookup Table file (LUT) that has been specially prepared for use with Radiant Photo.
With LOOKs, you can easily add creative styles to your images as a finishing step. Unlike other filters, LOOKs offer a unique workflow. More than just a preset, LOOKs remap the colors and tone of your images. These adjustments are completely independent of the other controls inside Radiant Photo.
Before applying a LOOK, you should correct other image imperfections. This can be done with a Smart Preset, a traditional preset, or even manual edits. Be sure to fix any tone or color issues with your photo.
Accessing the Color Grading controls and LOOKS is easy.
- Open an image.
- Click the Color Grade tab.
- Explore the collections in the Color Grading section. You can visually browse by thumbnails.
- Choose a LOOK and adjust its control with the Strength, Saturation, and Contrast sliders to taste. These three controls are VERY versatile.
- Feel free to switch to different LOOKs. The settings you’ve chosen for the sliders will persist, making it very easy to experiment.
Post your comment on this topic.